Question concerning license

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2008 at 4:44 PM
I have a question concerning section 3(a) of the license. If I include just the color picker compiled into my application, does that mean I cannot release my application as closed source? To get around this, must I include the entire DLL, thereby increasing the size of my product? Furthermore, what if my application uses ILMerge to wrap all satellite assemblies into a single package for distribution and installation--does this break the separate file condition for releasing the app under its own (non-open) license?

If this is all the case, is there any way I can get special permission to use just the color picker in my closed-source app? It is a shareware app, but I'm a small developer and can't afford commercial components.

Thanks.

P.S.
I have no problem tagging the color picker with something like "Color picker by Dotway.", and a link to the project, or adding a line to the about/license information. The app I am needing it for is OrangeNote, http://orangenote.littlesoftware.ca/
Jan 7, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Hi,
I have changed the license to MS-PL. As an answer to your question, you can use a single control (e.g. the color picker) in your closed application. It would be very níce if you gave us some credit like a link to this codeplex site, or www.dotway.se or tag it with Dotway or something. We like when people use the controls that we create and we also like when they tell us that they do and give us some credits. That will increase the chanses that we create more controls :).
/Anders 
Jan 11, 2009 at 3:00 AM
Thanks! Keep up the great work. ;)